Special Circumstances for Undergraduates

Requesting Additional Aid

If you are an undergraduate student whose family has experienced a significant change in financial circumstances, you may submit a Request for Revision to request additional aid. Our standard Request for Revision form is available for download from our Forms page. Please be sure to select the form for the appropriate academic year. Increased funding is determined on a case-by-case basis, and may be in the form of loan, job, or scholarship. Note that we cannot revise awards based on your family's financial decisions, such as a parent choosing not to pay your educational costs, or falling short of resources due to allocating funds elsewhere.

If you are a graduate student who will be incurring new expenses that you did not report on your aid application, you should notify the Financial Aid Office by financialaid@stanford.edu. Please be sure to include your name, Stanford ID number, and an itemization of your expenses.

Updated on August 13, 2021 3:49 PM