Federal Direct PLUS Loans
The federal Direct PLUS program is a popular financing option for graduate students, and parents of undergraduate students.
- Borrow any loan amount up to the total student budget determined by Stanford, less any other resources.
- 7.54% fixed interest rate (2022-2023 academic year) - applies to loans with a first disbursement date on or after 7/1/2022
- 4.228% origination fee will be deducted from each disbursement
- A credit check is conducted when you begin the loan application process.
- Undergraduate students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order for their parents to use the Direct PLUS loan program.
- Undergraduates whose parents do not qualify for a Direct PLUS loan can borrow additional federal Direct loan funds.
- For graduate students, repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed and lasts ten years. You can postpone payments of your Direct PLUS Loan while you are in school with an in-school deferment.
- For parents of undergraduate students, repayment begins within 60 days after your loan is fully disbursed and lasts ten years. Parent borrowers may contact their loan servicing agency to request deferment of monthly payments while the student is in school. The name and contact information for the loan servicing agency is available on the borrower's record with Federal Student Aid. Log in with your FSA ID, then click on My Aid to find your information.
Connect with us