Student Employment

Community Service Federal Work-Study

If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study, you may choose to apply for a Community Service FWS (CSWS) job through the Haas Center for Public Service.

Important Note for Summer 2024: The Financial Aid Office will not be able to process authorization requests for Summer 2024 jobs until we have received FAFSA application data for the 2024–2025 academic year. Due to delays relating to the rollout of this year's FAFSA, we do not expect to be able to begin reviewing FAFSA data until at least April 2024.

Use Your FWS Eligibility for Community Service

Step 1

  • Submit your CSWS Authorization Request. We will notify you of your maximum CSWS eligibility within one week of receiving your form.
CSWS Authorization Request

Step 2

  • Follow the Haas Center's application process for Community Service Federal Work-Study. The Haas Center will not process your application until we review your CSWS Authorization Request.


If you have questions, please contact us by email at, or call us at 650-723-3058.

Updated on March 7, 2024 10:15 AM