Federal Perkins Loan
Applying for the loan
1) Accept Your Loan in Axess
- If the loan is included in your award you can accept it in AXESS. Under the Student Center tab, in the Finances section, select "Accept/Decline Awards." You can accept the maximum amount, specify a lower amount, or decline the loan.
- If you do not have the loan included in your award, submit a request to email@example.com.
- If you have not applied for financial aid, complete the Applying for Aid process.
2) Complete Your Promissory Note
- You will receive an email from SignMyLoan@signmyloan.com within two business days of accepting your loan in AXESS. If you do not receive an email from UAS, check for your promissory note at SignMyLoan.
- You will be directed to the UAS SignMyLoan website, where you will create a PIN, provide contact information for references, and electronically sign your promissory note. If you prefer to sign a paper promissory note, please contact the Student Services Center for instructions.
3) Receiving Your Loan Funds
Loans are generally divided evenly over the three quarters of the academic year. If your promissory note is complete and you have enrolled for courses, your loan funds will be applied to your University bill a few days prior to the beginning of each quarter. If the quarter has already begun, you can monitor your loan disbursements in AXESS.Updated on June 16, 2014 9:28 AM