Federal Perkins Loan
Applying for the loan
1) Accept Your Loan in Axess
- If the loan is included in your award you can accept it in AXESS. Under the Student Center tab, in the Finances section, select "Accept/Decline Awards." You can accept the maximum amount, specify a lower amount, or decline the loan.
- If you do not have the loan included in your award, submit a request to email@example.com.
- If you have not applied for financial aid, complete the Applying for Aid process.
2) Go to SignMyLoan.com
- Within two business days of accepting your loan in AXESS, you will receive an email directing you to SignMyLoan.com. If you do not receive the email, you can go directly to SignMyLoan.com.
- You will need to create a new account or log on to your existing account using your username and password. You will be prompted to accept your loan amount, provide contact information for references, and, if necessary, complete and electronically sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN). If you have a valid MPN already on file, you will not need to complete a new one.
- If your loan is for the 2015-16 academic year, you must accept your loan and complete your Master Promissory Note by September 15 to ensure disbursement by September 30, 2015. Due to the end of the Perkins program, loans for which the first disbursement has not posted by September 30 will be canceled.
- For questions regarding the SignMyLoan.com, including login related issues, call University Accounting Services (UAS) at 800-999-6227.
3) Receiving Your Loan Funds
Loans are generally divided evenly over the three quarters of the academic year. If your promissory note is complete and you have enrolled for courses, your loan funds will be applied to your University bill a few days prior to the beginning of each quarter. If the quarter has already begun, you can monitor your loan disbursements in AXESS.Updated on May 29, 2015 10:08 AM