University Loan Forms
You are encouraged to first consider borrowing federal student loan funds for which you are eligible before applying for a university loan. Please keep in mind the following facts about federal loans:
- Federal student loans are required by law to provide a range of flexible repayment options, including, but not limited to, income-based repayment and income-contingent repayment plans, and loan forgiveness benefits, which other student loans are not required to provide.
- Federal direct loans are available to students regardless of income.
Students who wish to borrow University loans (institutional loans) must review an Application and Solicitation Disclosure Form. To access this form, please follow the link for your school/program:
- School of Medicine (M.D. program)
- All others – Please complete Steps 1 and 2 below
Step 1: View Loan Application and Solicitation Disclosure
Please follow the link for your loan type as shown on your financial aid award letter in Axess. Please carefully review the Application and Solicitation Disclosure form. You may print or download a copy for your records.
- Albert and Eleanore Denney Loan
- Dorothy Durfee Avery Forgivable Loan
- Forest & Girard Families Loan
- J.D. Shellenberger Loan
- Joseph M. & Margaret Ann Girard Loan
- Leslie Skerry / Erna Olson Loan
- Student Aid Loan II
Step 2: Complete Your Promissory Note
You will receive an email message from SignMyLoan.com, our loan processing agency, with instructions for completing your promissory note and related requirements online at SignMyLoan.com. Once you log-in to your account, you will be guided through these requirements, including the Self-Certification form.
Students sometimes have questions about how to complete Section 2 of the Self-Certification form. You can find the values for A and B on your financial aid award letter. The value for item A is shown on your award letter as "Total Expenses." For item B, subtract the amount of your institutional loan from the amount shown for "Total Financial Aid" (undergrads) or “Total Financial Support” (grad students). If you have questions, please contact our office.
You must accept the loan in AXESS and complete all of the requirements at SignMyLoan.com before your loan funds can be disbursed. Please contact the Stanford Financial Aid Office if you have any questions.Updated on August 7, 2014 12:55 PM